The City of Decatur offers Neighborhood Clean-Up days once a year to help residents dispose of bulky items that don't easily fit into Pay-As-You-Throw bags. Each street in the city is assigned to a Saturday between March and June. Dates for the 2017 event are now available.
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Woodson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-377-5571.
All items to be collected should be placed at the curb by 7:30 a.m. This ensures that we do not have to rerun routes for late set-outs. Collections run until 3:30 p.m., or until finished, whichever is sooner.
• Yard trimmings
• Building materials (not from the work of private contractors)
• Appliances (not containing Freon)
• Trash that won't fit into pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) bags
Materials we will not collect
• Stone, rocks, or concrete
• Motor vehicle batteries or parts
• Trees (removed by contractor)